OYO Rooms’ CEO and Founder, Ritesh Agarwal is an Indian entrepreneur. According to Wikipedia, Ritesh Agarwal was the second youngest billionaire in the world at the age of 26.
Ritesh Agarwal Overview
|Born||November 16, 1993|
|Known As||Founder of OYO|
|Education||(Dropout) Indian School of Business and Finance, Delhi|
Ritesh Agarwal Net Worth
|$2 Billion (Expected)||2022|
Some Facts About Ritesh Agarwal
- Ritesh Agarwal take a drop from college at the age of 17 to pursue his dream of becoming an entrepreneur.
- Ritesh Agarwal was one of the winners of the Thiel fellowship.
- Ritesh Agarwal used to sell SIM cards in his childhood days.
- Ritesh Agarwal’s startup OYO full name is On Your Own.
- Ritesh Agarwal Startup’s current valuation is around $9 billion.
About His Startup OYO
Oyo hotels and homes was founded in 2013. Before OYO its name was Oravel Stays after Ritesh renamed the startup from Oravel Stays to OYO.
Currently OYO have 17,000 employees globally. Oyo is the world’s third largest hotel chain. They have around 850000 rooms in 23000 hotels in more than 800 cities.
|L-FAST Brands Pvt Ltd.|
|AblePlus Solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
|Bailbrook House Hotel Limited|
OYO Funding History
- Oyo received $1Billion in funding in a series E round on Sep 25, 2018 led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital India, and SoftBank Vision Fund.
- As part of a series E round by Grab, Oyo got a $100 million funding round on Dec 7, 2018.
- Oyo gets his third funding $100 million Feb 14, 2019 in a series E round by Didi
- Oyo gets his fourth funding of $75Million Apr 1, 2019 in series E round by Airbnb.
- Oyo gets his fifth funding of ₹500Million Nov 30, 2019 in Debt funding by MyPreferred Transformation
- Oyo gets his 6th Funding of $1.5 Billion Dec 10, 2019 in Series F round by SoftBank and Ritesh Agarwal.
- Oyo gets his 7th funding of ₹540 million Jan 6, 2021 in series F round by Hindustan Media Ventures.
- Oyo gets his 8th funding of $200 Million Mar 11, 2021 in debt funding from SoftBank Vision Fund
- Oyo gets his 9th funding of $660M Jul 16, 2021 in debt funding from Undisclosed
- Oyo gets his 10th funding of $5 million Jul 29, 2021 in series F from Microsoft.
FAQ on Ritesh Agarwal Net Worth
What is the net worth of Ritesh Agarwal today?
Net worth of Ritesh Agarwal as of now is $2 billion.
Who is the youngest billionaire Ritesh Agarwal?
Yes Ritesh Agarwal became the second youngest billionaire after Kylie Jenner in the world.
At what age Ritesh Agarwal became a billionaire?
At the age of 26 Ritesh agarwal became a billionaire.